Click On Photos Below To Enlarge

Monday, October 25, 2010

Today in my Neighborhood

I've traveled far from home to see the sights and capture some of that in photographs.
Today, I challenged myself to walk only within 5 blocks of home and see with new eyes things that I'd seen hundreds of times or perhaps not at all.  Here are some of those things I saw today; October 25, 2010


The condos across Fremont Park from me on P Street have been newly painted.  They are colorful and add spice to the neighborhood. It reminds me somewhat of Burano, Italy.




Backside of Westminster Presbyterian

Backdoor of Westminster Presbyterian

Threatening sign in parking lot at Westminister church

View into the courtyard at Westminster

Never saw this guy in Capitol Park.
Relative of Mike Cookman and Georgene Ragusa? (Starr descendants)

You don't have to go East to find Civil War history.

Arts and Crafts details on public bathrooms in Capitol Park

 Napping in the park

and directly in front of my home

I was also looking for signs of fall on this wonderful fall-like day in Sacramento.

Pretty, but not fall

Pretty in pink, but not fall

Camellias

Azaleas

Ah, fall...a tree-shaped pyrachantha

1 comment:

  1. Great photos - Sacramento is a beautiful place to live. I didn't know about Starr and went to the park all the time when I worked at the Capitol. We must train our eyes to stop and really see.

    ReplyDelete